Toronto is a home away from home for the participants, their families, officials, dignitaries and spectators. With the best accommodation, top cuisine, and a warm welcoming atmosphere, Toronto will provide an incredible experience for our guests.
“Bring Your Family“
Being the largest city in Canada and the 5th largest in North America with a population of 2.5 million, Toronto has a unique cultural mosaic where over 100 languages are spoken and the population comes from 170 countries of origin. It is a city of vibrant main streets, offering a unique and extraordinary shopping, dining and entertainment experience for residents and tourists. Pedestrian-friendly, attractive, safe and easy to access, these areas are the result of years of commitment by the City’s 48 Business Improvement Area (BIA) organizations, many proudly representing cultures from around the world that now call Toronto home.
Toronto – City of Attractions
Toronto is the top tourist destination in Canada with over 16 million visitors annually.
- Toronto is the largest English-language theatre centre in the world and is currently hosting blockbuster shows such as “The Producers”, “Mamma Mia”, and “Hairspray”. Toronto is home to the Canadian Opera Company, National Ballet of Canada and the world-renown Toronto Symphony Orchestra.
- There are over 150 clubs in the downtown core showcasing live musicians and DJ’s featuring jazz to rap, gospel to rock.
- Eight professional sports teams call Toronto home including the NBA Toronto Raptors, NHL Toronto Maple Leafs, MLB Toronto Blue Jays, CFL Toronto Argonauts, AHL Toronto Marlies, National Lacrosse League Toronto Rock, and the MLS Toronto Football Club.
- Toronto has over 100 tourist attractions including the CN Tower, the Royal Ontario Museum – Canada’s largest and most multi-disciplinary museum, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and the Toronto Zoo.
- The Eaton Centre is the number one tourist attraction in Toronto with 320 shops and 1 million weekly visitors.
- According to Guinness World Records, Toronto’s PATH is the largest underground shopping complex in the world with 27 km (16 miles) of shopping arcades.
- It has 371,600 square metres (4 million sq. ft) of retail space, over 1,200 shops and services, and connects over 50 buildings, hotels, transit stations, and tourist attractions.
- Toronto also has hundreds of local, regional and ethnic shopping centres.
Toronto experiences seasonal, consistent weather patterns. The monthly average temperatures, precipitation and wind speeds at the Toronto Islands are:
Average July/August Weather:
- Min Temperature 16 C (60 F)
- Max Temperature 24 C (75 F)
- Precipitation 80.1 mm (3.1 inches)
- Wind Speed 12.3 km/h East (6.6 knots)